Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas, remembered

This is me and my big brother, Harry, with our mom behind us and our sisters all around.

This is how he once was and always wanted to be.

In the years since Harry's death I've come to realize just how hard he tried to keep alive the boy inside.

He was a Scout Master and  skateboard maestro to the end.

God hug you, my brother. I'm grateful for everything you taught me.

(The stuffed animals are from our bigger brother, Rudi, who's probably the one taking the picture. I'm grateful to you, too, Rudi, for a Christmas to remember and so much more.)

1 comment:

J Riske said...

This is a lovely reminder for all of us to reach down deep and pull out the hidden child for more times than just at Christmas. I love the smile and surprise and wonder on his face. How thrilling to get a stuffed dinosaur!